- Liferay has 3 different ways of site types with different codes/constants.
- All Organization Sites would be by default “Private” type. I.e, Users of these will be managed by Site Administrator or Moderator.
- Each type represents a different behavior
- Private: Only Site Administrator or Moderator will assign the user to site
- Restricted: User can request for site assignment and Moderator or Site Administrator will Accept/Reject the request.
- User will not see any of the Site Assets until site assignment Accepted.
- Open: User can manage himself to join or leave this type of Communities in Liferay.
- Each community row in group_ will be tagging this “type_” to identify community type by Liferay.
Following are the site related db tables
- Created site will be stored in the group_ table
- Site=0 Site is in Inactive (not available), will not be displayed in the Dockbar and scope
- The relation between sites and orgs will be available in the groups_orgs table
- Created teams will be available in team table by based on site wise
- Relation between site and permission will be stored in the group_permission
- Relation between sites and roles will be stored in the groups_roles
The relation between the sites and the associated User Groups
- The list of hosts are stored in the Virtualhost (ex: alliance1.com, hq.alliance1.com)